Sunday 23 July 2017

Jammie Dodger Cupcakes


I love baking. 

There's something so heart warming about the perfect baked treat, and these are just that.  

Jammie Dodgers have always been a favourite of mine ever since I was little and so I was very excited to bake some Jammie Dodger cupcakes. 

{Bakes 12 Cupcakes} 

I N G R E D I E N T S 

125 g Self Raising Flour 
125 g Caster Sugar
125 g Unsalted Butter (soft) 
1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda 
2 Large Eggs
1.5 tbsp Whole Milk
12 Mini Jammie Dodgers 
Strawberry Jam  

F O R T H E I C I N G / D E C O R A T I O N 

150 g Unsalted Butter 

340 g Icing Sugar, Sifted

1 tbsp Vanilla Extract 

24 Mini Jammie Dodgers (optional)
M E T H O D 

Pre - heat the oven to 180° c 

Add the flour, caster sugar, bicarbonate of soda, butter and eggs to the mixer and beat on a slow speed for 5 minutes. 

When mixed, add in the milk. 

Add jam into the cake batter slowly, in a 'splattered' motion, this does NOT need to be mixed in as it gives the batter a lovely marbled effect when left. 
Line a tin with 12 cake cases and add a mini Jammie Dodger into the bottom of each cake case. 
Add in the cake mixture and bake for 20-22 minutes. 
I C I N G 



Mix together the unsalted butter and  icing sugar. 

When cooled, remove the middle of each cake (I recommend using an apple corer) and pipe in strawberry jam. 

Top the cupcakes with buttercream icing then add a splatter of strawberry jam, finish each cupcake with 2 x mini jammie dodgers on the top. 

What do you think of these cupcakes? 

Love, 

Dayna 
x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty and The Bakery | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig