Saturday 28 October 2017

Autumn Lipstick Picks





For me Autumn is definitely the season where lipstick comes into play, there's something so flattering about a burgundy toned lip that makes every Autumnal outfit complete. 

Here's a run down of my 5 favourite lipsticks for Autumn, these range from drugstore to high end and are a combination of red & purple toned lipsticks that I absolutely adore. 


From left - right:

{Charlotte Tilbury Opium Noir, Benefit Bene Tint, Rimmel Kate Moss 107, Topshop Beguiled, Bare Minerals Devious}



C H A R L O T T E T I L B U R Y, O P I U M N O I R


I'm slightly obsessed with anything Charlotte Tilbury, from the oh-so-glam packaging to the quality of her makeup.. The brand never fails me when it comes to staying power and prettiness. 

I received this lipstick for Christmas from Dan (he spoils me) and it is part of a limited edition set, within this you get both the lipstick and a gorgeous Charlotte Tilbury eyeliner presented in a beautiful light up box - so if you need an excuse to treat yourself, here it is!

This is a gorgeous matte burgundy toned lipstick and is very true to a traditional hollywood glam burgundy shade, where-as colours such as Glastonberry are slightly more purple toned. 

It applies easily and stays on even after eating! as with all of CT lipsticks... it's the perfect autumnal shade and makes me feel very glam and special when wearing it so I know this will be worn lots throughout the upcoming party seasons. 

B E N E F I T, B E N E T I N T 

This is a lot more wearable on a everyday basis for those who are worried about braving a red lip this season, it's a very lightweight tinted oil so is nourishing as well as providing colour to the lips. 
This is more of a handbag favourite for me as it allows me to pop on a tiny bit of colour on a everyday basis and not have to worry about toping it up every 5 minutes! this is a very subtle berry shade, almost a 'your lips but more autumnal' colour and a must have for Autumn! ps. this has a beautiful rose scent to it so makes applying even more enjoyable. 

R I M M E L, 107 

If ever they discontinue this lipstick, I will be heartbroken! such a cult classic and one that has been apart of my makeup collection for the past 5 years is the oh-so beautiful rimmel 107 lipstick. 
This is a gorgeous autumnal shade that lasts on the lips and is super easy to apply, if you're looking for a drugstore burgundy lipstick then this is the one you've been looking for. 
This was actually one of the first lipsticks I ever brought! its definitely worth the hype. 

T O P S H O P, B E G U I L D E D 

This is actually very similar to the Rimmel 107 lipstick, however this has a subtle shimmer running throughout it and the Rimmel lipstick is matte. 
Its within the same price range as the 107 so I guess it comes down to your preference in finish, my decision to purchase this was slightly lead by the rose gold detailing on the packaging! 
This is a beautiful shade and one that I will be wearing throughout A/W this year. 

B A R E M I N E R A L S, D E V I O U S 

If you follow me on Twitter you may have seen that I won a giveaway with the lovely ladies over at World Duty Free, this included some of the beautiful liquid lipsticks from Bare Minerals and one shade in particular that caught my eye for Autumn was devious. 
The formula for these is very smooth and comfortable, something that is very important for me it comes to liquid lipsticks - I hate super thick, tacky formulas that dry and crack straight away! 
This particular shade is a beautiful burgundy toned purple, meaning it makes your teeth look super white (a huge bonus!) these last a long time on the lips so there isn't the worry that you'll be walking around with patchy lipstick and make my lips look healthy and plump. 
As this isn't drying and is a beautiful shade, it has made it as the final lipstick in my Autumn lipstick picks! 

What are your favourite lipsticks for Autumn? 

Love, 
Dayna x

Share:

1 comment

© Beauty and The Bakery | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig