Sunday 27 March 2016

Spring Beauty Edit





As much as I love all things Autumn and Winter, waking up to the Sunshine this weekend has definitely put me in a happy mood and made me want to switch up my wardrobe and makeup routine for Spring.. here are a few things I have been loving lately and beauty pieces that are perfect for Spring.

{Daisy Dream, Marc Jacobs}

I was lucky enough to receive this for Christmas and have been dying for Spring to make an appearance ever since, this is the most beautiful fresh scent and is perfect for Spring & Summer. I am helpless at describing scents and so to spare the ramble I would recommend popping into Boots or Superdrug to give this a go. Also, how adorable is the bottle?! that in itself screams out Spring and Summer and all things pretty and girly. (also, a dreamy addition to any flatlays- just saying)

{Fresh Nude Foundation, The Body Shop}

II'm always finding hidden beauty gems and cult classic products to try out  & this foundation has quickly became my everyday base (sorry YSL touche éclat foundation) As a dry skin kinda gal I find it hard to find a foundation that gives enough coverage but is equally as hydrating for my skin, the Fresh Nude foundation contains Rose Water and so caters to my hydration needs whilst giving a flawless, dewy coverage which I love. It's a light/medium but buildable coverage and so perfect for Spring as it's not too heavy and, when paired with a Primer will last all day long. This foundation also contains SPF 15, another element that makes it my choice of foundation for Spring.

{Eternal Gold Colour Tattoo, Maybelline}

Last year the blogging community went crazy for the Maybelline colour tattoos and for a good reason too, they are incredible. I like to use these as either a base for other eyeshadows or a quick and easy eye makeup look when worn on their own, these last all day long and are super easy to work with. In the Spring I like to wear more gold and lighter eyeshadows and so have chosen Eternal Gold as the most appropriate Spring shade- if you haven't tried any of the colour tattoos then I'd highly recommend them, they're an absolute dupe for the MAC paint pots and are under £5 each.

{Juliannes Nude, Loreal}

For myself, Pink lipsticks can either be a) extremely unflattering b) flattering- I find it's the hardest shade to get right *sigh* Juliannes Nude is a beautiful deep shade of pink and so perfect for paler skinned gals like myself or people who cannot seem to master the Pink lip trend- think your lips but better... These have a lovely colour pay off and stay in place when paired with a gloss and come in lots of different shades so there is something for everyone. 

{Can't Afjord Not To, OPI}

I, stupidly forgot to swatch this and so you'll have to imagine the colour but this is a beautiful peachy orange shade that looks AMAZING with a tan- as we head into self tanning season woo! I love the quality of OPI polishes and how little you need in terms of coats, they seem to last well with a top coat and as I love to paint my nails brighter in the Spring and Summer this is a shade I always tend to go back to for the warmer months. 

{Naked 3, Urban Decay}

A cult classic and palette that I always love to use, the Naked 3 is full of beautiful rose gold shades and Spring loveliness. I love how versatile each shade is and these shadows look incredible on both blue and brown eyed individuals- a firm favourite but one that is very Spring appropriate. 

{Roller lash, Benefit}

Despite the amazing reviews, I hadn't picked this up until recently when my friend was wearing it and it looked amazing. I love how much of a natural yet full effect you get with this mascara and as I tend to wear less makeup in the heat, this will be the perfect addition to my minimal makeup menu. I wish it was waterproof for the Summer though!

{Love at First Blush, Soap & Glory}

The end of 2015 saw me become obsessed with highlighters (nothing beats a beautiful soft glow!) and so when I came across this, I instantly fell in love with it. This is beautiful used either as a blush or swept across the cheekbones for a rosy highlight shade, this doesn't make my foundation move as it's nice and lightweight and lasts all day. 



& that's it!
 A few of my beauty picks for Spring 2016..

what are your favourite beauty items for Spring?

Love,
Dayna
x











Share:

13 comments

  1. Think I might have to give that Soap & Glory blush/highlight a go!

    xo Millie www.modishrambling.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have most of the same products as you which is amazing when I so rarely buy anything, haha :-)

    Nicola // pink-confetti.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout and your photography is to die for! I need to get the Naked 3 palette, it looks stunning.

    Beth | MissCosmeticBlogger

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Naked 3 palette is one of my favourites of all! Perfect for Spring! I've wanted Daisy Dream for ages it's such a pretty fresh scent! -xo


    chloedanielle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your photography I'm in love !! It's soooo pretty and creative !!! What camera do you use !! And the Marc Jaccob perfume I'm seeing it everywhere really is becoming popular now isn't it ! Think I need to invest !

    https://onoitafashiondesign.wordpress.com

    Love Nat xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I use the Canon 600D with natural lighting x

      Delete
  6. I love eternal gold, it is such a pretty shade! I really want to try the Naked 3, I've always been put off by how similar a lot of the colours look, but it is still gorgeous!
    jodiemelissa.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always wanted to try makeup from the Bodyshop but never knew which products to try! Once my current Bourjois foundation is empty, I might have to give this foundation a go as I get dry skin quite a lot and haven't found Bourjois foundations to be helpful for it. I love using rose water on my skin as well- so that is a bonus! x

    bisoushollyolivia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Your photography 😍

    Much love Sarah

    Xoxo
    justsarahxoxo.com

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/just-sarah-xoxo-13890511?search_term=Just%20Sarah%20xoxo&context=search_suggestion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks! I love soap & glory makeup! :) x

    thefrancescadiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Beauty and The Bakery | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig